Monday 5 June 2017

galavanting in the kitchen



So on Thursday I had a bright idea!


I decided to make a cake, well you say whats so bright about that idea? Baking is something I have always loved and been good at until fibro arrived in my life, it is still something I love to do but it doesn't necessarily go quite the way it should lol


first you get all the ingredients together, well that's the plan!I even remembered the cake tin  and to stand on teh step to reach before opening the cupboard door. ( a very important thing other wise you can end up with a headache or worse a split head)


so then where the heck have I hid the bicarb?


now I need that flour out the bottom cupboard, easy you say, yip jsut squat down and reach on in there.


OK! squatting was easy getting up isn't! off we go for a crawl to the sofa to help get up lol


Now Im here I think its time for  a wee rest, I need to pace myself carefully or I end up knackered for bloody days!


on goes the laptop while I rest for 10 mins or maybe half an hour!


Now why didnt I stop at this cupboard to get the bowl out on my way past? guess who is crawling back to the sofa cos they cant get up again!


time for another game and rest!Om doing well think I have everything I need and its only took me 2 hours so far


get stool ready and turn on oven (maybe should have done that earlier to let it get to temp!
weigh dry ingredients and put wet ones in the bowl


rest time again, just a short 10 min one this time. yeah Im getting the hang of this pacing lark!


Damn forgot to grate the orange zest, that was a bit daft but finally we have a naked orange!


finally bung it in the oven, shame i had the wrong size cake tin! ah well it may end up as carrot biscuit its spread so thin in the bottom of the big tin!



set the timer cos other wise I will forget and wonder what that smell is and think its the neighbour cooking!


4 hours after starting we have a carrot cake, a bit thin but cake all the same


next day spent an hour getting sorted and the icing made, yip the crawl of shame happened again as the icing sugar is in that cupboard with the flour lol 
but it was worth the effort yummy if i say so myself.

you cant keep a good lass down, I will always find a way round what ever fibro throws at me, it tried lemons last time so I made a lemon drizzle cake! 
I wont mention the half pound of lemon icing in the freezer cos i put all the lemon juice in the bowl and then added icing instead of the other way round!

No comments:

Post a Comment